University of Northern Colorado postcards
Collection Scope and Contents
This collection consists primarily of postcards of the campus of the University of Northern Colorado (formerly known as the State Normal School of Colorado, 1889-1911; Colorado State Teachers College, 1911-1935; Colorado State College of Education, 1935-1957; and Colorado State College, 1957-1970). The collection also includes a few postcards of the Greeley area. Many of the postcards have been digitized. These images exist as archived TIFF images and one or more JPEG versions for general use. They were scanned at 600 dpi, 48-bit from the original. JPEG versions are in 300dpi format.
- circa 1890s-1970
- State Normal School of Colorado (Greeley, Colo.) (Organization)
- Colorado State Teachers College (Organization)
- Colorado State College of Education (Organization)
- Colorado State College (Greeley, Colo.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance. Please contact the Archives and Special Collections Department for further information.
0.20 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
This collection contains postcards of the University of Northern Colorado and Greeley, Colorado.
UNC Alumni Office transferred postcards in 2013; Shirley Fagan gifted postcards in 2009; Bernard Nikkel gifted postcards in 2013; Purchased and gifted by Jay Trask in 2014. The Office of the President transferred a yearbook containing postcards in December 2020. The postcards were removed from the yearbook and added to this collection.
Variant Identifier Number
Items in collection RG21-S005 were previously contained within record group three and RG015.
- Minimally Processed
- Shirley Soenksen, updated by Garrett Ponserella, updated by Laura Uglean Jackson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Edition statement
- Original finding aid date unknown. Revised and retyped in 2018. Updated to conform to DACS in 2018. New accession added in 2021.