Frank and Elfrieda Riley photographs
Scope and Contents
Ten photo albums and fifteen folders of duplicate photographs and negatives, consisting of photographs of trips and cruises Frank & Elfrieda Riley, Anne Tweedy's parents, took with Jim and Mari Michener, 1985-1992. Also includes a photo album of the James A. Michener Arts Center, Doylestown, Pennsylvania, 1988.
- 1985 - 1992
- Existence: 2003
- Riley, Elfrieda (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Source of Acquisition
Gift of Anne Tweedy in 2003.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance. Please contact the Archives and Special Collections for further information.
Biographical or Historical Information
Frank Riley, travel editor for the Los Angeles Times and Lost Angeles Times Magazine from 1971 to 1988, and his wife Elfrieda were friends of James A. and Mari Michener. He also published articles in other newspapers and wrote and co-authored several books. Elfireda Riley was the wife of Frank Riley. Anne Tweedy is the daughter of Frank and Elfrieda Riley.
1.42 Linear Feet (2 boxes: 1 record carton and 1 doc box)
Language of Materials
Photographs of trips and cruises Frank and Elfrieda Riley, Anne Tweedy's parents, took with Jim and Mari Michener.
- Minimally Processed
- Melissa Rosenberg
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Edition statement
- New arrangement was created for the collection and the finding aid was updated to meet minimum DACS requirements.
- 2003-06-11 : Original inventory prepared by Roiann M. Baird
- 2003-07-16: Original inventory worked on by Roiann M. Baird
- 2006-05-21: Inventory is prepared by Shirley Soenksen
- 2006-07-21: Revised
- 2007-09-13: Revised by Shirley Soenksen