University of Northern Colorado, College of Performing and Visual Arts records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Collection Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials related to the College of Performing and Visual Arts. It includes photographs and newspaper clippings concerning visual art, theater, dance, opera, and music. There is also information on the Fine Arts Festivals, PVA Galas, and Mariani Gallery exhibits as well as a Delta Omicron, Delta Gamma Chapter scrapbook (1971-1973). This collection also contains programs for dance productions, brochures and flyers for annual performance seasons, and brochures containing information about the College's academic programs.
- 1941 - 2019
Conditions Governing Access
The collection has not been processed. It may contain restricted materials. Please contact the Archives and Special Collections in advance to request access.
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply. User is responsible for all copyright compliance. Please contact the Archives and Special Collections Department for further information.
In 1977, the music, visual arts, and theater programs were brought together to form the College of Performing and Visual Arts. The dance program joined the College in 1992.
29.10 Linear Feet (35 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection consists of materials related to the College of Performing and Visual Arts including photographs, newspaper clippings, art publications, and information on the Fine Arts Festival as well as Mariani Gallery exhibits.
The majority of materials in this collection were transferred to Archives from the College of Performing and Visual Arts over a period of time ranging from 2004 to 2018. Additional materials were donated or transferred by Shan Watkins, Helen Reed, and via campus mail. Compact discs (54) containing digital images of dance performances, annual Galas, and music performances were transferred from RG007-S050 to this collection in December 2020. The Theatre Arts Department transferred material in 2020 (accession #21.13). One folder transferred from the UNC Office of the Registrar records (RG008-S005) in June 2021 (to box RG7.S9PVA F7 003).
Variant Identifier Number
The former identifier number for this collection was RG007-S009PVA. It was changed in January 2018 during the RG collection management project for the purpose of consistent identifier numbers.
- Minimally Processed
- Shan Watkins, updated by Laura Uglean Jackson
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Edition statement
- Outline of contents prepared in 1994 and updated in 1997, 1999, and 2001. Inventory prepared in 2010 and updated in 2015. Updated to conform to DACS in 2018. Accession added in 2019. Accession added in 2021.
- SharedBox: RG7.09 001 (Part)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F1 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F9 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F18 001 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F7 001 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F7 002 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F7 003 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F9 004 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F9 003 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F9 001 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F13 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F9 002 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F2 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA F2 001 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA 001 (Whole)
- Box: RG7.S9PVA #45 001 (Whole)
- Box: RG007.S050-057 (Whole)