Skip to main content

Colorado State Teachers College

 Organization

Biography

The State Normal School, Greeley, Colo., was established in 1889. The name was changed in 1911 to Colorado State Teachers College; in 1935 to Colorado State College of Education; in 1957 to Colorado State College; and in 1970 to University of Northern Colorado.

Found in 20 Collections and/or Records:

Administration Building, circa 1927-1929

 Item
Identifier: Item 11
Scope and Contents RG021_05_04_0011. One postcard; 5.5 in.x3.5 in.; b/w. One of eight black and white postcards showing campus views of Colorado State Teachers College. This photograph shows the front of Cranford Hall. The Administration Building was later named Cranford Hall in honor of John P. Cranford, the man who donated land for the college. The building was known as the Normal School Building (1891-1906), Administration Building (1906-1931), Cranford Hall (1931-1972). It was demolished in 1972. It is...
Dates: circa 1927-1929

Campus

 Item
Identifier: Item 17
Scope and Contents

RG021_05_04_0017. One postcard; 5.5 in.x3.5 in.; b/w. One of eight black and white postcards showing campus views of Colorado State Teachers College. This photograph shows a tree covered walkway through the campus. This postcard was transferred from SC82, Box 1, Folder 9.

Dates: circa 1890s-1970

Christine M. Albrecht, 1923 and 1930

 File — Box: RG004.042, Folder: 10
Identifier: Folder 10
Collection Scope and Contents From the Collection:

This collection consists of physical materials relating to the granting of degrees at the University of Northern Colorado and its previous names. They reflect not only the written documentation of graduation, but also the ceremonies at which these diplomas were granted. Included in the collection are framed and unframed diplomas, academic banners, robes, graduation caps, and hoods.

Dates: 1923 and 1930

Christine M. Albrecht, 1923 and 1930

 Item — Box: RG004.042, Folder: 10
Identifier: Item 1
Scope and Contents

Colorado State Teachers College. BA in Education.

Dates: 1923 and 1930

Christine M. Albrecht, March 13, 1930

 Item — Box: RG004.042, Folder: 10
Identifier: Item 2

Christine M. Albrecht, March 15, 1930

 Item — Box: RG004.042, Folder: 10
Identifier: Item 3
Scope and Contents

Colorado State Teachers College. Life Certificate

Dates: March 15, 1930

Dormitory Square, circa 1927-1929

 Item
Identifier: Item 14
Scope and Contents RG021_05_04_0014. One postcard; 5.5 in.x3.5 in.; b/w One of eight black and white postcards showing campus views of Colorado State Teachers College. This photograph shows three women's dormitories built in 1921 during the presidency of John Grant Crabbe. All three are modeled on Dutch Colonial Revival architecture. Left to right: Decker, Belford and Gordon. These were the only dormitories on campus at the time that these postcards were produced. This postcard was transferred from SC82, Box...
Dates: circa 1927-1929

Edith Castle, March 16, 1917

 File — Box: RG004.042, Folder: 7
Identifier: Folder 7
Scope and Contents

The State Teachers College of Colorado diploma and letter. On loan to the Judy Farr Alumni Center.

Dates: March 16, 1917

Guggenheim Hall and Home Economics Building, circa 1927-1929

 Item
Identifier: Item 15
Scope and Contents RG021_05_04_0015. One postcard; 5.5 in.x3.5 in.; b/w One of eight black and white postcards showing campus views of Colorado State Teachers College. This photograph shows Guggenheim Hall in the foreground and Crabbe Hall in the background. Guggenheim Hall, named for U.S. Senator Simon Guggenheim who donated money for the builddng, was built in 1912 durng the presidency of Zachariah Xenophone Snyder. It housed the fine and industrial arts programs. Following a major fire in Guggenheim in...
Dates: circa 1927-1929

Library, circa 1927-1929

 Item
Identifier: Item 18
Scope and Contents RG021_05_04_0018. One postcard; 5.5 in.x3.5 in.; b/w. One of eight black and white postcards showing campus views of Colorado State Teachers College. The University's first stand alone library opened in 1907 and emulated Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home in Virginia. The formal reflecting pool north of the library was a gift of the Class of 1911. The original library was located in the Normal School Building (later renamed Cranford Hall). The University received WPA funds in 1937 to...
Dates: circa 1927-1929